You must receive a Return Authorization (RA) before sending back any products.
If we made an error or a product is defective, explain that carefully to customer service before requesting a return authorization.
Good Faith Returns
Returns must be requested within 15 days of order date and arrive at our warehouse within 25 days of our ship date. Only new resalable merchandise in its original retail packaging can be returned. Items that are damaged or abused, missing any accessories, missing the UPC, missing serial/identification numbers or are not in the original packaging cannot be returned. Products torn off cards, used or re-taped will be discarded and no credit issued. Delayed returns may not be credited.
- Prompt returns of new resalable products are credited at the purchase price paid
- The customer is responsible for freight both ways
- Freight charges are NOT refundable
- Items sold in "Quantity Packs Only" may only be returned in multiples of that quantity
- On partial returns, quantity prices used for a quantity purchase will be reversed if the return means that less than the required quantity level was retained
- Items shipped Freight Free have received a freight saver allowance in the Freight Saver charge
- Items shipped Freight Saver have been charged a subsidized price. Return charges will be calculated at our NET AVERAGED cost of freight, as linked above. It is basically $7.00 for the package base plus 40 cents per pound or fraction East, 55 cents per pound or fraction Central and 70 cents per pound or fraction West. based on State.
- Quotation Orders are ordered specifically for you and are NOT returnable.
- Credits are issued less any freight saver allowance previously applied, if applicable
- It is not worthwhile to return small low priced items where the shipping both ways exceeds the value of the return
- It may not be logical to return large, bulky or heavy items where additional packing or shipping costs or surcharges are involved
- Items whose sale was based on a quotation price are not returnable
- Items shown as "Out of Stock" that we secure for you at your request are not returnable.
- Delayed returns arriving at our warehouse after 25 days of our ship date may not be credited. Where a credit is issued for a delayed return it is subject to a minimum of 25% up to 50% return charge
Product Quality Problems
Hardware and Tools buys only first quality merchandise from reputable suppliers and lists the Manufacturers name, model and UPC code number(s) on site. We actively solicit and gladly post visitor reviews on site for all to see. We pick up and/or replace defective products if the manufacturer's policy approves. We must be notified within 15 days of shipment. Manufacturers of gas operated tools and appliances, pneumatic tools, electronics, some power tools, and certain other goods require them to be serviced by the agencies they have set up for this purpose.
Damages in Transit
- Damages in transit should be reported within 3 days of receipt.
- DO NOT return damaged goods to us since they are not new and resalable.
- Hold on to the product and packaging. We will advise.
- We insure all goods we ship against damage in transit and we file the claims with the carrier.
- If the condition of any package received is crushed or mutilated, it should be noted when you receive it.
- Digital photos of the shipment and damage may be needed to support the claim.
- Some claims do require you sign an affidavit.
- NOTE: If you specified the carrier and shipped on your carrier account number, the carrier requires YOU to file the claim
- We are not responsible for freight charges for original or replacement orders in excess of Freight Saver Economy. The selection of any optional delivery/re-delivery method is at your expense.
How we Process Return Requests
- RMA requests are processed Monday through Friday between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM Eastern Time
- Based on the information contained in your RA Request Form we will estimate the credit due on return
- Remember to get your RMA issued before sending back any products
- Remember to mark the RMA Number PLAINLY on the return shipment
- Returns must be made to the address shown on the RA
- A copy of the RMA and a copy or original of the packing slip from your order together with your reason for return must accompany the return
- Orders returned without proper documentation are subject to a minimum $10 documentation fee and delay