Forney 30905 Rod Weld 7018 Mild 5/32in 5 Poundby Forney
- E7018 mild steel"Low hydrogen" welding electrodes easily produces quality results on smaller amperage DC or higher amperage AC welders
- Suitable for all positions on hardenable steels where no preheat is used and on cold-rolled steels normally exhibiting excessive porosity when welded with conventional rod
- The low hydrogen content reduces cracking and peeling of the weld material
Forney? (r) E7018 is a low hydrogen, electrode recommended for welding applications involving structural steel, construction, pressure vessels, boilers, pipes, bridges, power plants, naval and other high-strength steels where hydrogen control is imperative. This electrode displays a stable arc, smooth and finely rippled bead pattern and easy slag removal. E7018 mild steel welding rod easily produce quality results on smaller amperage AC/DC welders; suitable for all positions on harden steels where no preheat is used and on cold rolled steels normally exhibiting excessive porosity when welded with conventio nal rod; the low hydrogen content reduces cracking and peeling of the weld material; features excellent restart capability; designed for welding low, medium and high carbon steels as well as some higher strength low alloy steel; for frames, trailer hitche s and chassis. Recommended Polarity: AC, DCEN, DCEP (Reverse). Tensile Strength (PSI): 84,000. Amperage: 100-140 on sku #s (890.9624, 890.9632) Amperage: 140-190.
- Part Number
- Related Departments
- Hand ToolsWelding & Torch KitsBrazing And Welding Rods
- Shipping Weight
- 5.72 pounds
- Domestic Shipping
- Item can be shipped anywhere in the US including APO/FPO addresses and territories.
- International Shipping
- Item can be shipped anywhere in Canada including the territories.