Minwax 1500 Pre Stain Interior Wood Conditioner Gallon (Case of 2)by Minwax
- Minwax Pre-stain wood conditioner prepares bare wood for staining
- Treating the surface with pre-stain wood conditioner helps prevent streaks and blotches by evening out the absorption of oil-based stains
- It can be applied over any wood but is especially necessary when working with soft or porous woods like pine, alder, birch and maple
Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner prepares bare wood for staining. It penetrates the grain of the wood to promote uniform acceptance of oil-based stains. Treating the surface with Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner helps prevent streaks and blotches by evening out the absorption of oil-based stains. It can be applied over any wood but is especially necessary when working with soft or porous woods like pine, alder, birch, and maple. Use a cloth or brush to apply. Recoat after 15 minutes, but no more than 2 hours. Dry time in 15 minutes. Normally one coat is sufficient, but additional coats may be applied on highly absorbent woods. Covers approximately 300 to 500 square feet per gallon. Cleanup with mineral spirits or paint thinner. Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner is not recommended for use with water-based stains.
- Product Type
- Sanding Sealant
- Part Number
- Related Departments
- Paint & DecorInterior Stains & Clear FinishesInterior Pre Stain Wood Conditioners
- Shipping Weight
- 16.83 pounds
- Domestic Shipping
- Item is restricted to ground only shipping methods.
- International Shipping
- Currently, this item can only be shipped within the Contiguous United States (Lower 48).