Braces & Hand Drills
- Bit Braces are a hand-drilling tool with a crank handle generally used to drill large holes in wood.
- Drilling is done by turning the handle or center section in a circular motion. Pressure is applied to the knob or head of the bit brace with the heel and palm of the hand.
- The knob or head of the bit brace is mounted on ball bearings so that it will turn freely from the rest of the brace and remain stationary when turning the tool.
- Generally used with auger bits.
- Can also be used as a powerful screwdriver.
- Direction ratchet control in some models permits turning the bit in one direction and not the other which can be useful in tight spaces
- Hand Drills are also called eggbeater drills, the drilling action comes from turning a hand crank on the side of a drill frame.
- Features adjustable drill chuck to permit easy changing of drill bits ranging in size from 1/16 inch to 1/2 inch.
- Usually has drill bit storage in handle.
- Generally used for precise drilling in fine woodworking applications.
There are no products in this section