Sawhorses & Saw Horse Brackets
- Folding Sawhorses are made of either construction-grade tubular aluminum or steel or fabricated steel.
- Some require a wooden cross-beam (Generally a 2x4 or 2x6) be added. With a metal cross-beam there is danger of ruining saw teeth.
- Most steel models have adjustable legs that fold up into the unit for easy storage.
- Plastic units generally fold flat for easy storage. Some also are equipped with a lower shelf.
- Most non-adjustable units are between 24 inch and 27 inch, which is considered a comfortable working height
- Sawhorse brackets are generally made of steel or high-impact polystyrene and convert dimensional lumber into a sturdy wooden sawhorse.
- Sawhorse brackets allow user to construct a sawhorse of any height and length.
- Sawhorse brackets are generally secured to wood with screws, nails or wing nuts. Other types provide flanged nail holes for easy nail removal with a claw hammer.
- Sawhorse brackets selling features include ease of assembly since miter cuts are not necessary and sturdiness and convenient storage since most brackets allow legs to fold together.