Cutters, Shears, Scissors & Sharpeners
- Always wear safety glasses when using snips or bolt cutters.
- Always wear gloves when using snips or bolt cutters.
- Do not use cheater bars or hammer the handles of snips or bolt cutters for extra leverage.
- Snips are designed to cut sheet metal up to .062 inches in thickness. Never use snips to cut sheet metal that is thicker than this.
- Different snips are designed to cut different thickness of sheet metal. Make sure you are using the right size for the thickness of metal you’re cutting.
- Snips are designed to cut soft metal only, never hardened metal.
- Keep the nut and bolt on the snips oiled and properly adjusted at all times.
- If the tool comes equipped with a locking clip, such as aviation snips, be sure to use it when not in use.
- Wipe the cutting edge of the snips with a lightly oiled rag after each use
- Professional metalworkers require specific tools for specific jobs, so we have a wide range of snips and cutting tools available.
Aviation & Compound
Bolt Cutters &
Crimping & Cutting
Scissors & Shears
for Precision and
Sharpening Stones &
Tin Snips, Straight
Snips & Utility