Braces & Hand Drills
- Bit Braces are a hand-drilling tool with a crank handle generally used to drill large holes in wood.
- Drilling is done by turning the handle or center section in a circular motion. Pressure is applied to the knob or head of the bit brace with the heel and palm of the hand.
- The knob or head of the bit brace is mounted on ball bearings so that it will turn freely from the rest of the brace and remain stationary when turning the tool.
- Generally used with auger bits.
- Can also be used as a powerful screwdriver.
- Direction ratchet control in some models permits turning the bit in one direction and not the other which can be useful in tight spaces
- Hand Drills are also called eggbeater drills, the drilling action comes from turning a hand crank on the side of a drill frame.
- Features adjustable drill chuck to permit easy changing of drill bits ranging in size from 1/16 inch to 1/2 inch.
- Usually has drill bit storage in handle.
- Generally used for precise drilling in fine woodworking applications.
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how our prices may be communicated. We have the legal right to set our own prices independently. Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price without further action. You may either login with your account to see the price or place the item in your shopping cart. These steps allow us to show you our price consistent with our goal of offering the lowest price on a wide selection of hardware products.
The address entered did not verify, but found a close match. Please confirm the correct address or try again.
Original As Entered
Verified Delivery Address