Axes, Hatchets, Mauls, Picks and Mattocks
- Single-bit axes should never be struck by another striking tool.
- Axe heads for single bit axes should never be used to strike splitting wedges, steel posts, stone or any hard object.
- Safety glasses should be worn when using these tools. In addition to possible chipping of the tool, flying wood chips could strike the eye of the user or someone nearby.
- The striking face of a hatchet is intended for pounding nothing harder than common nails. It should never be struck with another hatchet or a hammer and should not be used to strike chisels, punches, star drills or other hardened metal.
- Never use an axe or a hatchet with a handle that is loose or damaged.
- Discard any axe or hatchet if the head is cracked or chipped.
- If the handle is damaged, it most likely can be replaced.
- When redressing the cutting edge, always restore to its original shape.
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how our prices may be communicated. We have the legal right to set our own prices independently. Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's suggested retail price, the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price without further action. You may either login with your account to see the price or place the item in your shopping cart. These steps allow us to show you our price consistent with our goal of offering the lowest price on a wide selection of hardware products.
The address entered did not verify, but found a close match. Please confirm the correct address or try again.
Original As Entered
Verified Delivery Address